On protection and handling of personal information of customers
1. Purpose of use of personal information
Avanti uses the customers’ personal information such as names, addresses, phone numbers, birthdates, e-mail addresses, etc., and the transaction information for the following purposes. We shall not use them for other purposes without the agreement of respective customers.
- (1) For the fulfillment of customers’ requests for the deliveries etc. of Avanti products and services, the collection of bills, and the subsequent office administration.
- (2) For sending the direct mails etc. introducing the products and services of Avanti that we consider to be useful for customers.
- (3) For sending catalogs, samples, direct mails, etc. of other companies that Avanti consider it appropriate to distribute.
- (4) For requesting for customers cooperation in the research and development or the questionnaire survey for the development and improvement of the products and services.
- (5) For creating the statistical information for the purpose of market research or grasping of the social trends in a state where the specific individual cannot be identified.
2．Offering and entrusting personal information
Avanti shall not offer or entrust the personal information acquired from the customers to third parties except in the following cases.
- (1) When we got the prior agreement and consent of the use from the customer.
- (2) When we entrust it to the subcontractor within the scope necessary for the achievement of the purpose.
- (3) When we are requested to provide the information by the judicial or administrative body or other public institutions based on laws and ordinances.
And, when we work with and entrust it to such subcontractor, we choose it by the Avanti established standards, conclude an agreement about the personal information protection, manage and supervise the project implementation, and thus protect personal information appropriately.
Also, when personal information is jointly used, we provide it mutually in a document or electronic data of names, addresses, phone numbers, birthdates, sex, e-mail addresses, etc. within the scope necessary for the achievement of the purpose.
3．Disclosure, and correction, addition and deletion, or suspension of use of personal information
When a customer hopes for the disclosure or the correction of his/her own personal information, we manage it as immediately as reasonable after customer identity verification in the way specified by Avanti. When the content includes an error, we will correct it immediately, and suspend the use and/or offer of the personal information if the customer hopes so. Besides, depending on the range of the disclosure, we may charge a fee. For inquiries, please contact Customer Consulting Service. Please note that we cannot delete the minimum necessary information of our business administration.
4．Arbitrariness of offering personal information to Avanti
If you cannot provide the information that are indispensable for delivering our products etc. (the selective required entries are to be filled out or input), there may be the cases when you cannot use your requested services.
〈Personal Information Customer Consulting Service〉
Please contact below for personal information inquiries.
Reception hours: From 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday (Not available on Saturdays, Sundays, and National Holidays)
Person in charge: Chief Privacy Officer (CPO), Avanti Co., Ltd.
Note: Information contributed without specifying the contributing individual such as the answer to anonymous questionnaire survey and the posting in the nom de plume does not fall under personal information.
February 3, 2010